[Wine] Warcraft 3 Connecting to Battle.net

shaolin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 10 21:53:51 CST 2011

Hello Everyone,
  New to the Wine HQ forums but have been using Wine for sometime now and need some help regarding an issue recently encountered with attempting to play Warcraft III / DOTA Mod over Battle.net

I've recently have help my friend make a transition from Windows XP to Linux.  Before this occurred, he and I would play Warcraft III / DOTA Mod via Battle.net daily with out any problems.   (He would be on Windows XP and I would be on Ubuntu 10.10 using Wine)

Since his transition to Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) and using Wine. 1.2.2 which we are now both on...we have stumbled into a problem...where we can't connect to each other's game over battle.net....please keep in mind that while he was on Windows XP he would be the one creating the game over Battle.net...while I would join his game using my Linux box using wine 1.2.2...again everything ran smooth no issues.  However now that his is on Linux and using Wine same version of Ubuntu and Wine...we now have connection problems.

We have been doing a lot of searching on the net..but haven't come across a clear answer and we are hoping some you more experienced folks can please lend a helping hand.

We have verified the correct ports are open 6112-6119 UDP and TCP were open through router firewall on both ends....we have even disabled UFW firewall on Ubuntu...allowing all type of inbound and outbound traffic to flow through.

While we can login to battle.net...we can't connect to the game either one of us creates...it times out..and eventually says it can't connect.   However we can go down the list and connect fine to other players games individually on battle.net.

We have read that Wine isn't capable of hosting...so is this the problem since we are both now on Linux and using Wine?

We have also see in the AppDB for Warcraft 3 that there is mention of a AcceptEx patch...however we are unclear if this applies to just older versions of Wine or if this applies to current versions such as version 1.2.2.

Any help and input is greatly appreciated and thank you for your time!!.