[Wine] [1.3.13]-Valve's STEAM Games Do Not Work...

Jesse Palser SLNTHERO at AOL.com
Fri Feb 11 09:23:34 CST 2011

On 02/11/2011 08:41 AM, DaVince wrote:
> Try a resolution that's as close to it as possible, or maybe even a bit bigger. As long as your mouse pointer can't escape the game area, this should help.
>
> By the way, why don't you just run the game in windowed mode instead of a fullscreen mode inside a virtual desktop? It has the same effect, except now the game expects that your mouse can exit the screen so it may behave differently. Alt+Enter will put any Valve game in windowed mode, and it's an option in the graphics settings...

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions,
but they do not solve my problem.

The game I am trying to play is: "Deus Ex: Invisible War"
The game only supports a maximum resolution of 1280x1024
while my monitor's resolution is 1680x1050.

"Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their window"
does not seem to be working.
Can this option be fixed in the next release of Wine?

Thanks!

Jesse