[Wine] Agent under Wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 19:36:45 CST 2011

On 2/12/11 6:17 PM, John Phillips wrote:
> On Sunday 13 Feb 2011 07:52:56 James McKenzie wrote:
>> Open a terminal, change to the directory where the program exists and do
>> the following:
>>
>> wine<program>.exe
>>
>> And report back what happens.
> (Apologies - was using Blackberry and somehow reply on BB didn't recognise the
> mailing list, and I replied directly to James)
>
>> Thanks James for the reply.
>>
>> "wine: cannot find L"C\\windows\\system32\\agent.exe"
>>
>> The wine explorer shows agent. exe in "E" drive.
You need to install it in Wine then. You CANNOT run most programs from a
linked Windows Partition.  There are exceptions, like notepad.exe which
store no information in the Registry or write Registry entries 'on the fly'.

Can you try installing Agent through Wine?

James McKenzie

>> When I run "Browse \Drive" (wine icon) I also get error message that "file
>> or folder file:///home/john/Documents/.wine/dosdevices/c: does not exist".
The correct location of Wine's 'fake' Windows file structure is
$HOME/.wine/  (you can use ~/.wine as well, both should point to the
same location.)  Are there files in that location?

This is NOT good.  Can you go to the $HOME/.wine/dosdevices directory
and do an ls in a terminal session?

James McKenzie