[Wine] Re: Wine registry format question

jhansonxi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 17 00:25:13 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:
> In case you both don't know where the FAQ is: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-903eaf89ed775396f776438ec126ea9336828473
Thanks for pointing out the obvious but I already knew that.

vitamin wrote:
> Those .reg files are not the real .reg files.

What gave you that idea?  Where else is wineserver going to get previous values when it starts?  Wine doesn't come with the registry keys of every Windows program ever written.

vitamin wrote:
> If you brake them, the entire registry can get corrupt.
Like with most software if you break it then it's broke.  Rather logical.
vitamin wrote:
> Or in the best case your changes will simply be overwritten by wineserver.
Only if the changes don't follow INI-style formatting or reference invalid keys.

vitamin wrote:
> And if you really must know what those numbers are - read wineserver's source code.
The whole point of the question was to avoid having to do that.