[Wine] Kubuntu 10.10 hangs up, while using DVDFab with wine 1.2/1.3

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 18 19:58:06 CST 2011

On 2/18/11 2:18 PM, eule2010 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first of all, let me say sorry, for my ugly english !
>
> In the past, I used DVDFab 7/8 with wine 1.2  on Kubuntu 10.04. Everything worked fine, without any special configuration. I used the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray Function.
>
> Now, i did a new installation of Kubuntu 10.10, and DVDFab looks like this:
>

> DVDFAB 7.0.9.3
> [Image: http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1065/dvdfab7093.png ]
>
> DVDFab 8.0.7.3
> [Image: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1783/dvdfab8073.png ]
>

> But this is not the biggest problem. The main problem is, that after a few hours Blu-Ray encoding the complete Kubuntu freezes or hangs up !
>
> I tested wine 1.2 and wine 1.3 with DVDFab 7 and 8. All the same problem.
>
> I am not using any GPU to encode Blu-Rays but i have installed fglrx on my system.
>
> I put the following DLL’s, mfc42.dll, msvcp60.dll, advpack.dll, asycfilt.dll, comcat.dll, msvbvm60.dll, oleaut32.dll, olepro32.dll, stdole2.tlb to .wine\drive_c\windows\system32 folder.
> I do not know, if its realy necessary ?

According to the Applications Database all 'Daniel' did was change the
compatibility mode to Windows XP.

I would start with a fresh WinePrefix and then set the default version
of Wine to XP and then install and try the program.

Please advise of any problems you encounter.

There was no comments on what was done to get the Platinum version to
work either.

8.0.3.2 free version Applications Database page:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22061

James McKenzie