[Wine] unable to set drive label

akosmaroy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 20 04:23:24 CST 2011

I wonder if someone can help me: I can't seem to be able to set the drive label for a CD image mounted under wine

first, I'm mounting the CD image under Linux using mount -o loop, where it appears under say /mnt/disk

then, using winecfg, I assign a driver letter (say: G:) to /mnt/disk. here in the advanced tab, I also specify the disk label

but, when I start wine explorer, the G: drive doesn't have a label. also, when I go back to winecfg, the label information is lost - it seems this is not saved at all

I tried with with wine 1.2 and 1.3 as well (both on Ubuntu)