[Wine] Re: Can't get wine to run any programs: included error message.

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 20 07:16:03 CST 2011

kpwall wrote:

> In windows 7 the full file path I can find for say Internet Explorer is:

Are you trying to run apps from a Windows partition? Don't do that; you have to install them in Wine.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-497f1a295d53dd3444f211df2b13312c7767afa2

As for this message:

> End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
> a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
> latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
> the last disk(s) of this archive
.
You need to associate exe files with Wine in your file manager. If you don't know how to do that, ask on your distro's support forum. It's not a Wine question; basic knowledge of how to use your OS is assumed here.