[Wine] Screen resolution changing not working (Debian Squeeze)

jhuizer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 20 14:22:41 CST 2011

I have been playing an old game, "Knights and Merchants - The Peasants Rebellion" for a long time on wine, keeping track of latest wine beta releases.

Yesterday I found it not working. The screen goes black (as usual, as there is some resolution changing done and the game will come up full screen), but then it just goes back to the initial screen; There is hardly any output:

Code:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f1ec,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dinput:SysMouseWImpl_Acquire Clipping cursor to (0,0)-(800,600)

Since I have upgraded to Debian Squeeze only last week, I think the problem is most likely caused by (some aspect of) the upgrade changes.
(I tried regression testing but I got nowhere, am not sure whether I did it wrong or so)

Does anyone have any ideas?