[Wine] World in Conflict wont start, read all guides, still no luck

MatthewX wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 23 16:05:02 CST 2011

i have followed the instructions here on wine hq to the letter on how to get this game running, but it just wont do it. my last attempt seemed to be working until i got to the message that says "no 3d hardware detected" and crashes back to desktop, like every single time i tried in the past. i am about to throw my computer against the wall. can anyone offer any last suggestions before i do?
my setup is this:

wine 1.2.2
ubuntu 10.10 x32
2.1 ghz processor w/ intel graphics
3gb ram

for all intents and purposes, there shouldnt be any issues, as the game has a gold rating.