[Wine] Re: Stuck on loading screen

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 23 16:55:09 CST 2011

Hey_im_max wrote:
> To remind you I'm very new to this, I don't know how to root wine not 100% sure what it means I tried googling it but did not have much luck. Can you explain to me how to root my wine?

You might want to learn some basic Linux knowledge before proceeding with anything else...

The root user is a special user (super user) with basically all rights to access any file to your computer. You should *never* use unless you know what you're doing or an app actually requires roo access.

Anyway, if you run Wine as a super user like that, it will change the permissions on some files which means you can no longer write to and execute  these files. You'll have to delete /home/username/.wine (it's a hidden directory).