[Wine] Re: Is Wine64 usable yet?

sniveri wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 24 15:12:05 CST 2011

madewokherd wrote:

> Sounds like a broken build/install.
>
> I find that I have to install wine32 before wine64 (but I have to
> build wine64 before wine32) when building a wow64 Wine, but I don't
> know if that is still the case.

Yep, that could be, cause I did not have that issue anymore when doing few more builds.

I did the latest test with this kind of procedure:

Code:

mkdir wine64
cd wine64
../wine-git/configure --enable-win64
make
cd ..
mkdir wine32
cd wine32
../wine-git/configure --with-wine64=../wine64
make
make install
cd ..
cd wine64
make install

And now I`m able to install all kinds of applications but things like Net Framework and msxml6 can not be installed.. Net Framework 2.0 seems to need package that installs on both of the architectures simultaneously and I do not know what is the problem with msxml6.. But anyway this looks pretty amazing so far :)