[Wine] Re: Is Wine64 usable yet?

sniveri wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 25 03:59:59 CST 2011

André H. wrote:
> Further WINEARCH=wine64 does nothing!
> it's WINEARCH=win32 (without the e, and 32)
> Wine at the moment just checks for win32 and handles it if on 64-bit.
> every other value like wine32 or wine64 are ignored and lead to wow setups :)

Yep, the format is documented to be "win32" or "win64".

I was able to install msxml6 to 64-bit environment when changed from XP -> Windows 2003 from winecfg. Setting it as Vista did not work so well.. SolidWorks 2010 x64 almost installs but fails to run, maybe it is related to GDI+ that does not install on wow64, it has the same thing as the dotnet20: installer tries to install some files to x64 and x86 sides and fails on some "update.exe" -problems..