[Wine] Setting WINE applications as file defaults

dudemcbob wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 26 00:29:18 CST 2011

Hello all,

I just recently added Ubuntu 10.10 with WINE 1.2.2 as a partition to my Windows system. I went through some hoops with PlayOnLinux to install Microsoft Office 2007 onto my Ubuntu side (tried using OpenOffice; it just doesn't click with me).

Anyway, the applications seem to be working fine except that I can't set them as the default programs for opening their respective file types.
I understand how to do this for general Ubuntu applications, but not applications within WINE.
When I right-click a .docx file and choose "Open With..." I get this list:

[Image: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1259/screenshot1ml.jpg ]

With similar results for other programs. Picking any of the 10 options results in this message from WINE:

[Image: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4800/screenshotdpy.jpg ]

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)