[Wine] Can wine be used to view a webpage online?

Seth Abelove abelovs at roadrunner.com
Sat Feb 26 20:54:31 CST 2011

I am curious.  There are online game sites tailored to work well with
windows which do not work well with Linux.  For example:
http://www.pogo.com
Some of the games work, but others crash such as say "word whomp."  This
happened to me in Fedora 10 and Ubuntu 10.10.  Is there a way to open a
website using java pop-ups like 'word whomp' in wine with Linux?  I
apologize for my ignorance concerning wine applications, as I've only
used it successfully to open VirtualDub in Ubuntu.  If wine cannot be
configured to make these games work with Linux, is there any way to
solve this problem?  Thank you for your consideration.