[Wine] Is winetricks sending reports to the developer?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 21:25:32 CST 2011

On 2/26/11 8:19 PM, kartal wrote:
> "Setting Windows version to winxp
> Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\set-winver.reg
> Install of msi2 done
> You gave the --optin option, so reporting 'msi2' to the winetricks maintainer so he knows which winetricks verbs get used and which don't.  Use --optout to disable future reports.
> winetricks done.
> "
>
> Not sure what this is supposed to be. Is it saying that the developer is getting usage reports by default? If so how nasty is that. I did nto use the -optin option, it sounds like it is --optin by default. Quite disgusting, whatever that is .
No, the developer should not get reports as this is a privicy issue that
was discussed a long time ago.

If winetricks does report them, they go to Dan Kegel, who is a regular
poster here who can provide more information on what, if anything, he
does with the reports.  Hopefully, he will chime in and confirm what I
said above.  I've never seen a report from winetricks in the three years
I've used it.

James McKenzie