[Wine] Xfire Crashing

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 22:06:37 CST 2011

On 2/26/11 8:55 PM, 501st_alpha1 wrote:
> Now I'm confused. I assume your command is indeed supposed to be two separate lines like that, but whenever I try that, it tries to update the default WINEPREFIX in ~/.wine. After I let it do that though, it does run Xfire, but it still crashes.

I see my mistake and it is my mistake in my reply:

WINEPREFIX=/opt/AppData/Wine/Developmental/Xfire /opt/wine/wine-1.3.14/wine

should be

export WINEPREFIX=/opt/AppData/Wine/Developmental/Xfire

and the next line should be

cd /opt/AppData/Wine/Developmental/Xfire/drive_c/Program\ Files/Xfire

then

/opt/wine/wine-1.3.14/wine Xfire.exe > log.txt 2>&1
> In the my original command, I did not see any output in the terminal at all, as it was all redirected to the log file.
Ok.  I was checking if the command actually captured all of the output,
and it did as it should.

James McKenzie