[Wine] CadStd Access Violation Problem

Alan_H wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 27 23:27:41 CST 2011

Hi to all,

My first post...

I just installed the drafting package CadStd under Wine 1.0.1.  It loads all right, but any movement of the mouse in the drawing window portion generates an error pop-up "Access violation at address 0000000B".  The mouse works all right in the control sections.

I assume some utility file is restricting access to raise the error, but that's a guess.  Any suggestions?

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10, and I tried both the Lite and Pro versions of CadStd.  The AppDB listings indicate the program works, so it must be something unique to my setup.  There are  no unusual messages in the Terminal window indicating anything obviously related.  I'm using the older version of Wine because I have another program that has a regression problem under newer versions.

Alan