[Wine] Re: Is winetricks sending reports to the developer?

kartal wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 28 13:26:48 CST 2011

Dan

Thanks for the follow up and proper instructions on how to check it. I was not implying that the author was collecting data for some mean purposes.

My point is that everyone needs to have the right to privacy, they care or not. There might be times where one`s privacy might become important. If some people do not care about privacy, that is fine with me. The conclusion from some people not caring about privacy should not sound like "we do not need" privacy. Some people think that "I have nothing to hide so I dont give a damn about it", which is total garbage thinking. Privacy has nothing to do with right to hide harmful behavior. The privacy is about one`s right to own his or her own life, the data, unpredictability of daily routines etc.

I really hope that people stop reasoning invasion of privacy in various ways. It took a long time to gain rights, we should not loose that easily.

In that respect I would appreciate that if you can make whatever collecting more obvious and more transparent. The reason I saw the option because I was running directly from the shell. If that was not the case I would not have known about it.

On the other hand thanks for installing applications such easy. It is definitely great tool, and I am sure it took great efforts to write it.

thanks