[Wine] Re: CadStd Access Violation Problem

Alan_H wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 28 16:47:44 CST 2011

> Thank you for the two URLs. I found the CAD program through its
> Applications Database entry and the entries there are VERY old, at
> least four years by my reconing.
>
> I may be able to try running them this evening, pending other things I
> should do.
>
> James McKenzie

Thanks James.

There certainly isn't any rush from my standpoint.  Please don't upset your life to help.  I appreciate the help in any case.

CadStd has been around for quite awhile, but I'm familiar with it and haven't found anything better to date.  But, as I said before, it isn't a big deal if I lose it at this point.

I tried the winedebug command as per your suggestion.  specifically
WINEDEBUG=+event,+eventlog,+scroll,+message,+msgbox wine cadstd.exe&>/home/alan/Desktop/output.txt

It showed the Access violation messages all right, but I couldn't make any sense of the system calls.  I zipped the output, but there doesn't appear to be an attachment option in the list above.  The file is 20,000 lines long (about 133k zipped)!

I will await your run results, whenever you get to them.

Thanks for the great support.

Alan