[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office 2007 installed but won't work

Dargo101 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 1 20:32:33 CST 2011

I found instructions at WineHQ: Wine for Ubuntu and Ubuntu derivatives.  The only instructions that actually worked, were the last instructions: use the command line, with commands provided.  The commands worked.  I now have wine 1.3; unfortunately, the office products still do not work.  I even went into Wine configuration, went to the Applications tab, added each of the office products, and set the Windows version to Windows 7.  Even that modification won't get office products to work.  I will try to remove and reinstall the office suite.  Does this sound like a reasonable attempt to fix the problem?  Should I try something else?