[Wine] Re: Multiple instances of wine?

Secured wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 2 01:07:36 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:
> Not, it isn't true. You don't need to create anything, Wine will do it automatically.

Whew!  That's a relief. [Laughing]

Here is something interesting.  I have a user, toshiba, with root access, and another user, carolina, non root.
carolina can run two programs at the same time through wine, but toshiba can not.  The command line looks
something like this:
Code:
wine /home/carolina/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/app1.exe
wine /home/carolina/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/app2.exe

 And for carolina the command line looks like this:
> wine app1.exe
> wine app2.exe
  :? Again, toshiba can only run one app at the time while carolina can run both apps at the same time.
This is on Ubuntu 10.10 and WINE 1.2.1