[Wine] Re: Easy question

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 2 13:23:19 CST 2011

Jabberwock wrote:
> Hmm is there a way to remove them without having to remove the prefix? ie swap between two games one that needs it and one that cant run it? or is wine really that limited you litterally have to install wine 50 times for 50 different games?

Deleting the wineprefix has nothing to do with installing Wine, and the question you asked, and that I answered, was how to remove something you'd installed.

Overrides can be set per-app rather than globally in winecfg, but if you have many different games requiring different tweaks, it's best to install them in separate wineprefixes.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617c53607e583f6e6ff70a4ac9522d490faf