[Wine] Linux noob

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Jan 3 18:45:50 CST 2011

On 01/03/2011 05:17 PM, Tortus wrote:
> OK, Well... I have had it with Windows.  I need some help switching to Linux.  I downloaded Back Track and would like to set it up to use the following.
>
> 1. Ventrillo

You might want to give Mangler a try ( http://www.mangler.org/ ). It is
linux native and is supposed to connect to vent servers.
> 2. Steam - CS, Left 4 Dead 2, MLB2k, Grand Theft Auto, MW 2... etc.

A good place to start would be the wine application database (
http://appdb.winehq.org/ ). There you can do a search for Steam and find
the page dealing with getting Steam itself running in wine. After that
you can do searches for the games you want and see what needs to be done
for them. You can also search there for Vent if you want to get the
windows version running through wine.