[Wine] Re: multicore support

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 4 06:06:53 CST 2011

Glocke I am sorry to have to say.  Wine most likely will not use full speed on all cores.  Reason there are sections of wine that need to be rewritten to be multi-theaded and less locking.

Wine will try to use all cores but due to existing coding faults will not make it.  Those faults date from times when duelcores basically did not exist.

Hopefully we can get some coders wanting to take on some of those areas.

Wine defects have nothing todo with any particular series of processors.

As far as I knew Linux kernel had no trouble with amd-x4-series.    So as long as Linux kernel knows and handles the processor other than coding faults in the wine source code it works.

I really would have loved to say it was great but that would have been not truthful.