[Wine] Wine on Windows XP

Georg Potthast mailbox at georgpotthast.de
Tue Jan 4 08:33:00 CST 2011

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
I am trying to get Wine to run on Windows XP. After I downloaded and unpacked the "wine-1.3.9-win32.tar.bz2" archive I had two directories, one called "dlls" and one "programs". a) should the path be modified to run the programs in the "programs" directory?  I merged all files into one directory for the time being b) how do I start a program to run in Wine? in the programs directory there is no Wine.exe so I could not enter "wine helloworld.exe" to run the program helloworld. c) does wineconsole work? when I enter "wineconsole --version" I get the error message: could not find "wine_server_call" in "ntdll.dll". d) does winecfg work?

when I run winecfg.exe I get the error message: could not find "RegDeleteTreeW" in "advapi32.dll". What shall I do to avoid this error? e) Is there anything I can do to get anything running in Wine on Windows XP?

Georg