[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office and Wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 4 16:58:22 CST 2011

abestern wrote:

> I'm considering installing MS office on my 64bit Fedora 14 laptop and I'm looking for a bit of advice.  I would like to have the best shot at a getting a stable, problem free MS office suit running.  So what I'd like to know is what version of wine should I install and what version of office should I get.
>
> I looked through the app db and it seems like 2002xp and 2007 both run pretty well.  Looking through some of the forum posts I have seen a few problems here and there but it seems like generally office runs ok.
>
> Any advice?  Are there issues with 64bit machines?

Use the latest development release of Wine. Office 2007 works best at this point. However, "works well" applies only to Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Outlook and Access work poorly, if at all; if you need either of those, try Crossover, as they include some hacks to make those apps work.

I'm not aware of any problems with Office on 64 bit systems.