[Wine] Re: Anno 1503 Gold edition graphics problem

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 5 08:26:06 CST 2011

viktorias wrote:

> thank you for your ideas. I tried to install the VGA Driver for this video card (when I used windows I always had to do), but I had the following error:
>

> (This is what you have meant by using proprietary driver?) Actually linux perfectly recognises my video card and everything is working perfectly with it, and I am not sure that it is necessary to install a driver under wine (I just did it just in case helps, you never know you know)
>
> My emulated desktop was set to be 800x600 when I tried.

You cannot use Windows drivers in Wine.

While Nvidia and ATI have proprietary Linux drivers, Intel does not. You could try to see if there are newer open source Intel drivers than the one your distro installed, but that's not likely to fix the problem. Intel graphics hardware and drivers are not adequate for Wine. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-a96989ff3303c1f6c35a1f85e0680b7f6bcfd16f