[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office and Wine

abestern wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 5 15:41:26 CST 2011

> File a bug.

ok.

> Did you set the override for usp10.dll?

Thanks, equations in Word work correctly now.

> Without knowing what you left out, I really can't say whether you need to recompile.

Here's the last few lines of output of configure:

Code:
config.status: executing Makefile commands

configure: OpenCL 32-bit development files not found, OpenCL won't be supported.
configure: libgphoto2 32-bit development files not found, digital cameras won't be supported.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
configure: libmpg123 32-bit development files not found (or too old), mp3 codec won't be supported.

configure: Finished.  Do 'make' to compile Wine.

Also, I discovered a manageable way to work with Office while multiple monitors (twin view) are enabled.  In winecfg->graphics, I enabled a virtual desktop.  When the apps open now, there is no issue and I can simply drag the "desktop" around to which ever monitor I need it in.  Unfortunately, right now, I can't resize the desktop but I'm sure that will be fixed soon.  If you try, a "fixme" message is spit out on the command line so I'm sure the developers are aware.

Do I need the libmpg123 library to embed mpeg movies in powerpoint?  Right now, it says that I am using an incompatible format which is an untruth.