[Wine] Steam Popcap games on nVidia TwinView

Machtyn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 8 10:01:37 CST 2011

I seem to be having a video update issue with Popcap games on Steam using Twinview.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  (I did try to search for a resolution of the issue, but perhaps my search mojo is lacking.)

Situation:  Run Steam, Install game (Insaniquarium! Delux), Start Game

Symptom: Game starts windowed. Display only updates when I click on it. (i.e Click on Options button, click in window to have options form display, click on OK - form does not disappear until I click on some area of the window.  Fish do not appear to move unless I constantly click on the window.)

I changed to fullscreen, but now the game won't start properly.

System:
Intel E6600
nVidia 8800GT in TwinView mode (nVidia propietary 173 drivers)
2 Monitors at 1440x900 (2880x900)
onboard 7 channel audio
Ubuntu 10.10