[Wine] Re: wine freezes entire System

Machtyn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 8 11:38:22 CST 2011

I am having a very similar issue.  In most cases, the system becomes unfrozen.  Sometimes (such as last night when I was fighting a boss on WoW) it can freeze for 4 minutes before it returns the system back to my control.  All apps will gray itself out and not be responsive.  Mouse is still under my control.

I have an nVidia 8800GT with the latest proprietary drivers (173).

In my case, I have been thinking it is a SATA controller issue.  But I will update when I get my new board and CPU.