[Wine] open gl or direct x?

Iastre wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 8 13:07:30 CST 2011

I used to run windows, and I had some trouble getting a decent version of direct x for some games. Now I'm trying to run them under wine. I heard that it doesn't use direct x, but I'm wondering if it replaces it with open gl. When I try to run said games, I get this error message:

err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo The Mesa OpenGL driver is using software rendering, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly
fixme:d3d_caps:wined3d_guess_card No card selector available for GL vendor 4 and card vendor 0000.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f368,0x00000000), stub!

It seems like it's trying to use open gl to run the game. However, I've always had trouble getting open gl running. I'm running kde on xwindows, so if anyone has any info on open gl with that, I'd be grateful.