[Wine] Wine 1.3.11 and Micorsoft Money Sunset Edition

TheBigAmbulance wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 10 12:01:30 CST 2011

I've gotten Microsoft Money Sunset running under wine following the instructions here...

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=21030

Application runs fine for the most part.  But I'm having two problems.

Money must use some internal web thingy (technical term) and uses it for it's pages.  Every time it starts up, I need to open them.  I'm thinking that there are some components of Money that create a web page for the app that need to be loaded before it comes up.  I uncheck the "ask every time" option and open the page.  But I have to do this every time I open the app.

The second issue I have is that when I close it, it seems like it never shuts down properly.  I cannot start it again unless I reboot, which I think may actually be the restart of kdm.  I haven't retested this yet.  But when I set the wine resolution to 1280x1024 and ran it again, it appeared that money was still trying to do something in the background.

Does anyone have any advice?  I have a feeling that the lack of being able to save the options to it are causing the issue, or something similar.

I'm running Kubuntu 10.10 64bit with wine version 1.3.11