[Wine] Re: Privileges to create COM components

Manu311 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 10 16:11:23 CST 2011

James McKenzie wrote:
> From a first read, it looks like this is some sort of DRM/protection
> scheme, but I could be massively wrong.  The problem does appear that
> the installer is trying to call an unimplemented function in ntdll.
>
> James McKenzie
I heared from a friend on his windows computer a patching program from Ubisoft downloaded and installed this patch, so prob this is kind of a DRM. But the game works fine without this patcher.
Since the game is already 1 or 2 years old I'd be surprised if they added a new copy protection.

At least I can add the part of wine which is missing to the bug, thx.