[Wine] Re: Any Game is not working in wine. Why?

Quix0r wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 11 19:05:44 CST 2011

I "own" a Steam version of Tomb Raider Anniversary here and it works fine. For Underworld I need a little patch which I found somewhere in the wine bug-tracker (the mouse cursor is still a bit slow in the menu but the game itself is good playable).

Here are my patches:
http://ww.mxchange.org/downloads/wine/patches/

I need them on my 64-bit system to make it compile against ia32 libs (configure.diff) and for having sounds (and a crash) fixed in Underworld, Steam-version.

I don't know if these patches helps you with your crash problem (I have a MSI nVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT here in my desktop PC).

If you want these patches applied, you need to download GIT version of Wine and apply the patches on the source code and (better) do a out-of-source-tree build:

Code:
git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git
mkdir --parent build/wine/
cd build/wine/
../../wine/configure
make all
sudo make install

Hope this helps a little. And without the Patch Underworld (is not Anniversary, okay, but same series and company) does also crash.