[Wine] Mobipocket not detecting usb connected ereader

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Thu Jan 13 10:17:31 CST 2011

Anyone have pointers on how to get an ereader assigned a PID so it can
use DRM'd .mobi files? The mobipocket software works great on the
computer through wine (1.3.8), but when I hook up my ereader to the
computer through a usb cable the software is suppose to detect it and
assign it an ID code which lets it open the DRM ebook files. The
detection is not happening. I can move the files themselves from the
computer to the reader, but they won't open without the code.