[Wine] Re: Secret of Monkey Island SE, steam on wine, crashes on start

cyclingrelf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 13 13:24:50 CST 2011

Hi James, I already listed all the version details, hardware et c in my first post, but here they are again:

Hardware
Compaq Evo N610c laptop.
Intel Pentium 4 processor
1GB RAM
30 GB ATA hard disk
ATI Radeon Mobility M7 LW graphics chip
Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller

Software
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
Wine 1.3
wine 1.3-gecko
winetricks
Steam

I used winetricks to install d3dx9, vcrun2008, vcrun2008sp1 and xact

Wine is configured to Windows 2000, ALSA driver, hardware acceleration: emulation, Default sample rate 44100 Default bits per sample 16

I tried using the terminal to run wine MISE.exe, but with the same effect as already described, and no error messages in the terminal, so nothing to help me there. Also used the terminal to run Steam.exe, but there are no messages related to attempting to open the game.

Output as follows:

> filePath$ wine MISE.exe
> fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
> filePath$

(Attempts to run Secret Of Monkey Island, but gives the MISE.exe error message)

> filePath$ wine Steam.exe
> filePath$

(Runs Steam, so I click on play Secret of Monkey Island SE, which attempt to run, but produces the MISE.exe error message).

Hope someone can help me. Thanks!