[Wine] Anyone able to install Sony Vegas HD Platinum in a linux os?

shipp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 13 14:45:58 CST 2011

So, i tried this once before and it didn't work because wine thought it was windows xp and vegas platinum only works with windows 7.  I am brand new to Wine and have no idea where to even start.  I followed a documentation step by step, barely able to understand it.  Using winetricks i got all the stuff supposedly needed to install, but it wouldn't even run the setup.exe file. I am not sure, I only think its because i installed a bunch of xp stuff cuz the documentation was outdated and so even if i could run it it wouldn't work.  So i purged my computer of wine and am ready to start over.   I own the software, so I don't need to crack anything.  Anyone want to give me a basic step by step on getting it installed?

Thanks