[Wine] HOWTO develop a Linux application that uses a Windows LIB ?

pvbrowser wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 14 02:20:08 CST 2011

1 - Assume there is a given Windows Library in binary form.
2 - You have a Linux library where the source is available.

Now you want to develop a Linux application that uses both libraries.

Is this possible ?

Background:
The Windows library in question implements a communication protocol for automation industry on top of TCP/IP. This communication protocol now i want to use on Linux from my own application. My Linux application would write the read data into a shared memory on the Linux system and accept outgoing messages on a mailbox.
See:
http://pvbrowser.org
http://pvbrowser.de/pvbrowser/pic/prinzip.png