[Wine] Quicken 2011 Starter Edition, installs, crashes when run

Louie1961 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 10:44:47 CST 2011

I have a legal version of Quicken 2011 Starter Edition, and I am trying to install it using Wine on my up to date Linux Mint install (Mint 10 "Julia" based on Ubuntu Maverick)

I have tried this a couple of ways: using Wine from the default repos (1.2.10 I think?) as well as wine from the WineHQ site (1.3.11)

I have tried this install method: http://blog.jdpfu.com/2010/11/29/solved-quicken-2011-working-on-linux

and I have tried this install method: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22198&iTestingId=59553

In all cases, it appears that Quicken installs normally. When I click on the icon to start Quicken, it starts for about 3-4 seconds, then it crashes.

Running Quicken in a terminal, I get the following results:

fixme:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Header type magic 0x00905a4d not supported.
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\Quicken\\QWUTIL.dll" failed with error 0
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\Quicken\\QWUTIL.tlb" failed with error 2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x61f510,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dciman:DCICreatePrimary 0x704 0xca42ac
fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x4ec7c1f

I have done a search through this site and through Google, and have not been able to find any solution. I am fairly new to wine, but not Linux. Any help would be appreciated.