[Wine] Re: compiling wine on 64bit, an script

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 10:59:40 CST 2011

mixi wrote:
> To make this story short, it ended with me making an 32-chrooted environment to compile and run my wine versions in.

Ububntu is a multiarch distro, you shouldn't need a separate chroot for 32-bit programs. Besides this will prevent you from setting up wine-64 environment, which needs both 64-bit and 32-bit Wine.

It is possible that some 32-bit libraries, especially development, might be missing for 64-bit distro. In that case you could extract them from 32-bit packages and place in the right place.

In some cases all what's missing is a lib.so link for 32-bit library (libfoo.so 0> libfoo.so.x).