[Wine] Re: Wave audio problem

milasudril wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 11:51:38 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:

> milasudril wrote:
> > WAVE_MAPPER, being the default device
> Wine uses first device as default. Exactly the same as Windows does.

It probably depends on how to define "first". Is it sure that the one I select here is the "first"

http://img153.imageshack.us/img1539785/windowsaudiosetup.png

vitamin wrote:
>  The only 2 ways to change that order are:
> 1. Define devices yourself via registry and disable autoscan
> 2. Change device order with ALSA (will affect all applications)

Then my problem probably lies in my ALSA setup but some applications in GNU/Linux actually lets the user select the device in the application obviously without changing the ALSA configuration (otherwise wine had worked "out of the box" now). Could that be implemented in wine if I for some reason want Wine to use another default device than the rest of the system? This is not necessary for me though. Now I need to do some ALSA configuration research. But thanks for the help.