[Wine] Quicken 2010 QDF file can't be read on windows machine

budney wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 13:22:27 CST 2011

Hello,

I've been running Quicken 2010 under Wine for a while now. It works well, except that various elements redraw themselves over and over again, making it painfully slow to use.

Now for completely unrelated reasons I'm forced to run a Windows XP VM on my Linux machine, so I installed Quicken 2010 on the VM as well. When I copied my QDF file over from ~/.wine to the VM, though, Quicken gives me the error message, "Quicken is unable to open the data file."

I tried creating a new empty data file on both the VM and under Wine, and Wine on the VM can't open that file either. Wine under Quicken *can* open the file I created on the VM, even though the two brand-new "empty" QDF files are quite a bit different--they're not even the same size.

My first thought was that Wine munges files in some way or other--maybe endianness, or some sort of character translation, or whatever. I tried running Winzip under Wine, zipping the QDF file, and unzipping it on the VM. No dice: the error message was the same.

Any help or advice would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks,
Len.