[Wine] League of Legends Help

iggi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 13:54:40 CST 2011

Hello,

I have an odd problem with the game League of Legends. Let me Start with my setup:

Ubuntu 10.10 x64
Wine 1.3.11
Everything is setup following this guide: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=4224812#post4224812

The only other additions is I did use winetricks to add d3dx10 and ie8.

When I play the game with an emulated desktop, the launcher (Adobe AIR) runs fine (except built in IE frames). All of this is expected, but when I run the game without an emulated desktop I loose all chat options and anything relating to chat refuses to connect.

My question is why would the simple change of removing the emulated desktop make this stop working and more importantly, is there a work around or any ideas?

Regards,
iggi