[Wine] Re: Anyone able to install Sony Vegas HD Platinum in a linux os?

shipp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 19:08:13 CST 2011

Sony Vegas 10, Platinum HD, is very similar to vegas 9.0.

I was able to install it, I have not yet run it.  But, heres how far I've gotten.
Installed fresh wine by adding the ppa and then typing sudo apt-get install wine1.3.  Wine 1.3 comes with winetricks on ubuntu 10.10.  wine 1.2 does not.  I think either will work.  To setup sony vegas do not use the setup.exe in the installation disk.  It does not link to its own folders, I must be missing something.

To install exexute the following commands.

winetricks corefonts
winetricks fontfix
winetricks tahoma
winetricks msxml3
winetricks dotnet30
*dot net 30 looks like its hanging, a window tries to open repetitively, your computer will looked jacked up for a sec.  when it says its stopped and paused and nothing else is happening, check your systray (your panel) there should be an icon you can open that will say "installation finished" click done or finish whatever it is, and winetricks is done

winetricks vcrun2005
winetricks gdiplus
winetricks directmusic
winetricks wmp10

*now you should be able to execute the setup files, navigate to VMCHD10ST (the install cd) then the folder Setup, then open each folder you find and run the .exe,  it takes a while for them to open.  When they do you can install each component seperately, one at a time.    do sony vegas pro last.  Then restart your computer.

open a terminal

winetricks quicktime76
winetricks ie6
*you need ie6 to register the product and finish install, you also need it to get the NewBlue special effects.

then start sony vegas, register it and download the special effects.  It should work from there, not sure yet cuz I crashed deleted all my wine trying to delete the stuff i needed for the install.  When i'm done I'll reinstall all this and let everyone know how it works.