[Wine] Steam, Garry's Mod not launching.

kubonit wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 18 04:38:17 CST 2011

Hello people of Wine.
Let me just say, the developers of  Wine, your AWESOME.
Keep up the brilliant work, you have helped my transition to Linux become 10 times easier.
But, anyway, I have one small issue with Steam games on Wine.
Im running Steam as Windows XP and when i go to launch Garry's Mod(Even with -dxlevel 8)  it will show up the Launching Garry's Mod window, then nothing comes up,  my profile icon says im in game, then 5 seconds later it goes back to online status.
I have installed everything that the Wine HQ said to be necessary with Winetricks.

Thanks,
Kubonit.