[Wine] Guitar Pro 6 won't launch

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:16:12 CST 2011

> I'm using openSuSE 11.3. Recently, I've downloaded the demo of Guitar Pro 6 in order to use it with Wine. The installation succeeded, but the .exe file (ran with Wine) won't launch. I found Guitar Pro 6 in the Wine application database but it has no maintainer. Someone suggested to install vcrun2005 - I did it with wine-tricks, but it didn't change anything and at the end of the howto install wine-tricks, they said openSuSE already have it installed from the start.
>
> So I'm desperately trying to get GP6 running, unsuccessfully. It's a work tool for me, so I need it pretty quickly...

If the appdb entry is correct it does not yet work.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20404

With that said if you do the following we may be able to help:

1. install the latest wine-1.3.11
2. start with a clean prefix
3. use winetricks to install vcrun2005
4. post terminal output of the install and running on pastebin.com and
link here.

Read the following info on how to do that:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

John