[Wine] Re: Getting League of Legends to work on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

DCarrollUSMC wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 19 10:26:59 CST 2011

How can I tell which version of wine I'm running?  I have wine installed, and have used it to get Steam which seems to be working fine.  I've downloaded a free game 'Alien Swarm' and besides some minor troubles it has worked well.  That being said, Steam doesn't have the games I want to play so I still need to figure out the league of legends thing.  I have downloaded the League of Legends .exe file to my computer and when I right click and try to open with Wine it brings up what appears to be the installer without any graphics on it.   It usually asks me where I want to install (I choose the default location) but then it crashes.  I'm assuming this is because I haven't correctly done everything needed to set up wine on my computer to run the game.  I run into problems with the guides because I don't know how to do what they are asking (like applying the wine patches for instance.)  I know this is probably annoying because the walk-through is already written but I guess I need my hand held at this point.  Thank you for all the help!