[Wine] Re: I can't get any games to work.

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 19 11:13:32 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:

> RedDragoon wrote:
> > I have ubuntu 10.04 and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1300 and haven't found a single game I can play with wine.
>
> Replace card with Nvidia and you'll have better chances. ATI's drivers are junk.

Not all of them. I can play most games in Wine unless they also don't work on other systems.

Do you actually have ATI's proprietary drivers installed? That's the first thing you should do if you want to have any chance of getting games to run. Also try running the games in a terminal so you can see what it is really struggling over (X/X11/X.org means definitely a graphics driver problem).