[Wine] Re: Office 2007, wine-1.3.10, CentOS 5.5

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 19 18:06:06 CST 2011

Kenneth Simpson wrote:
> Hi - I'm trying to install Office Standard 2007 on CentOS 5.5 with a clean install of wine-1.3.10 and it fails almost as soon as the install starts with the enclosed errors.
>
> Any ideas? I started with wine-1.2.2 and clean installs but I ended up with the same error.
>
> By Linux, do they mean Ubuntu?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -- Cinaed
>
> Error: XmlSignature Verification failed for branding.xml. Type: 45::InvalidMetadataFile.
>
> Error: XmlSignature Verification failed for branding.xml. Type: 45::InvalidMetadataFile.
>
> Showing parent-less message Title: 'Setup Error', Message: 'Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or
> not available. Run Setup again from the original source disc or download location.'
> Message returned: 1
> Error: XmlSignature Verification failed for branding.xml. Type: 45::InvalidMetadataFile.
>
> Catalyst execution finished: 01/19/2011 15:10:46.  Return code: 30045.  Exception caught: InvalidMetadataFile.
> PERF: TickCount=16730 Name=RunSetup Description=End function

Are you installing from the original CD? Is this a clean wineprefix: nothing else installed, no winetricks, no changes to the default settings in winecfg?

Delete ~/.wine, then run the installer from a terminal and post full terminal output, including the command used to start the installer. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df7a5411abe2b8d37fead01a2b8edc21619