[Wine] Worms World Party fails to run

David Shaw dj.shaw at btconnect.com
Thu Jan 20 14:41:33 CST 2011

Ubuntu 10.04
Wine 1.3.11
Clean prefix, only modification is to run in an emulated desktop

Full install log at http://pastebin.com/3kiXAJLw

Full run log at http://pastebin.com/WGjQ89YW

AppDB listing is for old versions of wine (newest comfirmed version
listed is 1.1.40 - there is one for Kubuntu-1.2, but, frankly, that
could be anything thanks to the way the *buntus numbered wine versions
for a while) so not much help there that I can see.

The game appears to install OK, but I had to ctrl-C out of the install
after the desktop had disappeared and I had waited some time for the
prompt to return.

On running, the 'loading' eggtimer appears, then I get the old
'...encountered a serious problem and needs to close' dialog.

Partial log (up to the register dump)

david at laptop-work:~$ WINEPREFIX='/home/david/.wine/WWP/' wine
'C:\Team17\Worms World Party\wwp.exe'
fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
for adapter 0.
fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
for adapter 1.
err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg2: Permission denied
fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
for adapter 2.
err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg3: Permission denied
fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
for adapter 3.
err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg1: Permission denied
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x2b7cac,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x2b7dc0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from
32 to 8
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init The application requested more than one back
buffer, this is not properly supported.
Please configure the application to use double buffering (1 back buffer)
if possible.
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to
context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:d3d_surface:surface_get_gl_buffer Higher back buffer, returning
GL_BACK
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address
0x4df9e3 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit
code (0x004df9e3).

Ideas?

Many thanks,

David Shaw